Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March Madness!

So March Madness is in full effect, or rather has been for the last few weeks. I myself don't follow sports, so I just don't understand what the big deal is about the final four, or even about college basketball in general. Now before any of you out there who do watch sports, and especially those of you who watch it religiously, get pissed off, allow me to explain myself. You see back when I was a kid, I was heavily into sports around that time, and what 8 to 9 year-old boy isn't?
You see I was at the time, into football big time, and only occassionaly showed in any interest in watching the other sports like basketball and baseball. Hell I was so into football, I used to religiously read and study pro and college football schedules and team stats. I collected football and baseball cards, studies the stats on the players, and watched a fair amount of the games.  Oh you should have seen me! I even used to give my dad's friends advice on who would win and who would lose; you know the important stuff to know if you were betting on the games. I don't know how closely they listened to this punk kid, but my dad still gets a laugh out of the whole thing. Anyway, as I got older comic books and pro-wrestling stole my interest away, never to return again; except to watch the occasional Steelers regular season or Super Bowl game. By the way, I'm still pissed the Steelers lost the Super Bowl! It was theirs to lose and they didn't disapoint.....Green Bay fans that is. Oh well.

Anyhoo, the point is I'd rather play football or basketball than watch it. To me watching sports is boring. Every year it's always the same stupid plays, the same stupid calls, and ocassionally, a stupid call by the ref. And yet somehow even by employing these same tactics, both the players and coaches expect something different to happen.  I thought one of the definitions of madness, is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, but expect a different outcome? 

And don't even get me on the subject of how overpaid today's athletes are. Because they are in my opinion. All those millions just to play a few hours of ball, could just as easily go to policemen, firefighters, and school teachers. But I guess that's why I'm not in charge of a pro athlete's salary; because he'd be making a little over mimimum wage folks. I kid you not!

So in honor of March Madness, I made alittle skit for you today. Enjoy!









Remember folks, Tax day's around April 15th! Don't be late.......

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...