Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Pictures at an exhibition"

Feeling lazy today.
Well yeah, that's my usual default mode, but today I'm really feeling it.

To amuse you all though, here's some more artwork of mine. Hopefully if you all look at the pretty pictures, then you'll forget about the pure amount of laziness that runs throughout this whole post:)

First up is a piece I call "Frank Miller Time." I did this one a few years ago, using just the Paint.net program. The use of shadow, the Frank Miller lighting, so to speak, is where the title comes from.

And of course like most works I do, I usually do a few variations on a theme, you know, because a girl has to have variety right Starr?:)

Next up is a recent piece starring the brand new rebooted Captain Marvel/Shazam bust. I liked it so much I snatched up the picture and went from there.


 Yeah, this is pretty much what CM would say concerning his reboot. Well at least the Johns' version would, since he's supposed to be more "mature" and adult-like now. Bitch please;)
And here 's the lighter version. I couldn't decide which version to stick to since I liked them both.

This next one's based off a silly pic taken of me. I call it "All up in my brain!"
Again, just using Paint.net, and the Glass tile plug-in function that I was massively in love with for a while as you can tell.

I was probably in making CD/Album cover art state of mind with this one.



Here's a very early attempt at what I normally do now, with action figure skits. Yeah it's slightly out of focus and crude-looking as fuck, but you have to start somewhere:)

More Frank Miller Time variations.



Here's a recent piece I did. The actual spider picture is real, as I took it while in the backyard. I guess I was trying to go all National Geographic or something, but I was really amazed at catching the spider in the midst of wrapping up his dinner/leftovers. 

And who better to stick next besides an actual spider, but Spider-Man right?
 This is the original one, while the one up top looks like a still from a video or film.

 And finally, because I just had to go there.......

Wouldn't you?

Does the title of this post sound vaguely familiar? No? Maybe if you were a big ELP, or Emerson, Lake, and Palmer fan you would.

It's cool, they not as popular nowadays as they were back in their hayday, but they still rock. 
To me, they're on par with Pink Floyd in the experimental, wall of sound/atmospheric way they compose their music. And they should, since they're both labeled Progressive Rock, or Prog Rock for short.

And if any you smart-asses out there mentions a certain band with the letter R in their name who's also considered Prog Rock, I swear to Jeebus, I'll kidney-punch you through the screen until you piss blood for a month!

And on that cherry note, here's some outro music for you all while you eat your high-classed cheese and crackers and sip your wine......you know, because that's what art-lovers do when there at a exhibition. Well at least that's what I've been told:)

Here's some ELP, with "C'est La Vie"!


Yes the video's kind of gay, but the song isn't, I assure you:)




10 comments:

Omega Agent1 said...

the fist Captain Marvel effect. What is that? I got's to know, I must know, tell me or Zatanna's gonna get it.

Don't tell me.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha ha, glad you liked the picture bro.

I used the filter effect called Line Nova. It's on my Gimp 2.6 program. You can download it for free if you want. But basically, it allows you to have rays of light emanate from the center of the picture. You have a set number of rays, the max being 200. I used the max, and thus how it turned out.

Now are you going to let Z go, or give it to her anyways? And if so, can I watch?:)

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

either you snorted a bunch of ants or some wasabi.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Shlomo, "?!"
Not ants, but I do likes my wasabi. It's gotta' be fresh though. The fresher it is, the hotter.

@Omega, yeah and her fishnets too!
She can twork a wand and move those fingers, so look out:)

And don't even get me started on her tongue.

Wait, what we talking about again?:)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh, and I can't believe no one didn't pick up on the "it's merely a flesh wound" comment from the Break Bane skit. Monty Python's Spam-a-lot anyone?

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

you'll probably hate me for saying this but English humor (and most English sci-fi for that matter) has never really been my cup of tea. although i did used to like watching Benny Hill when i was a kid.

Omega Agent1 said...

Yeah......don't really dig the Engish chucks but I love the mad hose though.

Anyway I came over to see if I could get a Serpentor vs Regulus skit out of you. Dude Shlomo cracked me up with the outfit thing. Especially after the interview said he wanted the seperation from the thought of GIJoe.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Shlomo, it's cool man. It's not for everyone, and I'll admit I only go for some Monty Python stuff myself. They do tend to be a bit too damn dry on the humor. But everyone loves Benny Hill. Hey an old guy chasing a hot piece of ass is funny enough for me:)

@Omega, you want a Sepentor vs. Regulus skit form me? I don't have any Serpentor or King Cobra figures on me sorry. Maybe shlomo can hook you up. But I do have some funny stuff(I hope) coming down the pike real soon.

IADW said...

loved this random thought kinda post.. especially Luke Cage lol. cleaning up Pyms empties... yeah its always the quiet ones that drink the hardest!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Dan, yeah I know right? The very fact that most beer bottles are bigger than a 6" inch figure means that idea's a no-brainer. Can't believe no one's thought of that yet. Well maybe they have, but never posted pics of it.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...