Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"No Country For Old Men"









































Hey, it could happen;)

Lastly, I just now got around to watching the first two episodes of the 1st season of Game Of Thrones.
Yeah I know, I know  "What took you so long?" or "You're just now watching that?"

Well it's not like I haven't heard of it before, especially from Googum, I've just never watched it because it was on a channel I don't get, and I wasn't that super interested in seeing it anyways.
But I kinda had to this time, because a good friend of mine burned me the 1st season, so late last night I watch the first two episodes. Not bad, but I still don't see what the hype's all about. Peter Dinklage is pretty damn cool though; I love the wit and personality of the guy, so I'm sure we'd probably chase some whores and booze together if the opportunity ever arose.

I must say, I'm currently crushing on that white-haired chick, Emilia Clarke. She's hot and she's naked already just two episodes in? Love it. So, so far, so good. I'll let you guys know how I feel about the rest of the season.

Take it easy people......

8 comments:

karl said...

Reminds me of that Brave and the Bold cartoon where the JSA were portrayed as doddery old men.

Wish we could get GoT here in England, except on pay-for-view tv. We have only seen the first season on a repeat channel.

Omega Agent1 said...

GoT is the best show on TV right now. The first season still holds the throne for me as far as seasons go. Tyrion is that guy, and I'm pulling for him every episode. It has to be niiiiice running with the rich whore monger that is on the side of broken things.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Karl: I have honestly not seen that, but I get the sentiment just the same. That's one of many animated shows that I always wanted to see, but missed while it was on and now I have to go buy the individual seasons.

Wait,let me get this straight; it's a show with and about Brits, but you guys don't get it over there on a regular basis? Sounds fucked up to me man. Methinks the BBC and HBO need to sit down have a good long talk about that.

Thanks for stopping by Karl:)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Omega: Damn, you too huh? I didn't know there was so many GoT fans around this way. The shit you learn around the HOUSE.....

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

when you think about it those costumes from the JSA were almost as garish as those WWF get ups. not that Alan Scott would mind that so much i would imagine.

Randomnerd said...

I haven't watched GOT for one reason.
I've read up to the third book. And it started pissing me off. Not just the slow release of each book (Curse you Martin! We don't need another Wheel of Time debacle!) but other things as well. IF Martin ever finishes the series, I'll reread them from the beginning. Then maybe, if I'm not still ticked off, I'll pick up the show.
It's a big maybe.
Yes, I've gotten crap from everyone I know for this. But Jordan taught me a valuable lesson. I still have scars.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Shlomo: True, and good point, as there were quite a few heroes around during the Golden Age that rocked the shirtless look. Heroes like the GA Black Condor, The mighty Samson, and more. Even Kamandi rocked the shirtless look, so yeah. Plus if you really think about it Pro Wrestling, especially during the 80's was just about as live-action comic book characters come to live as anything else during that time period.

And yes, Gay Alan would obviously love that, but Straight Alan wouldn't care, and I refuse to accept that my Alan Scott figure is gay no matter what Dan Dildo and Co. try to tell us. He'll always be straight to me. *sob, sob*;)

@Random: Well you probably know more about the show and history than I do on this one. I'm just now getting around to watching it, and while it's not too bad, all in all, just not feeling it. Got to say though, they are some funny parts, like when that guy the call The Mountain got so pissed off that that gay knight, the Lord of Flowers knocked him of his horse in a joust, that he cut his own horses' head off! I fucking laughed and rewound that bitch a couple times:)

Randomnerd said...

Everyone I know has watched it and loved it, so I'm sure it's a good show. I'm just a bitter person. :)

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...