Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fantasy Team-Up: Neil Gaiman's Sandman and Sleepwalker

Happy Hump Day People!





I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again a lot in the future(especially in this feature) but damn do these two not make a perfect couple of what?

On one hand you have Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Morpheus, Lord of Dreams,





















and on the other, Sleepwalker, alien dream cop.


I smell a buddy cop sitcom/movie.

And if you think about it, just based off main story hooks/motivations, its' really not that much of a stretch to fabricate a reason for these two to team up.


Hell, you can even say Morpheus knows of Sleepwalker and his kind, as he's more than likely their who inspiration for existing. Further more, what if this "alien race of dream cops" was all Morpheus' creation? They could've just forgotten that(like during the 80-year period when Dream was imprisoned) or had their memories wiped by some other sinister force they stumbled across.



either way, you don't need to try too hard to come up with a plausible scenario in which these two meet up.
It sells itself.

As for the antagonist/villain in all this? I don't know, could be anything or anyone really.
Maybe its the maleovelent force eradicating different multiversal versions of Morpheus, maybe it's Dr. Destiny. Who knows. It could jus be someone/something created only for the duration of the team-up.

Who ever it is, it'd have to be powerful enough to keep those two occupied. Maybe it's a team-up between Lucifer and Mephisto, or Mephisto and Dr. Destiny. Again, maybe it doesn't matter as long as its a credible threat that allows this team-up the opportunity to shine.



What say you all? Sound like a fine team-up you'd want to read about?
Who should write it?(Besides the obvious choice) and artist?



Personally, the team of Gaiman and J.H.Williams would more than sell it for me.

Let me know what you think.






4 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

oh I sense another tailor made post for K.o.T who seems to have gone back into hiding again.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah where is he exactly? Probably busy with work, but I miss that drunk sum bitch around these here parts.

The King of Thessaly said...

Hello gents! I am here! ...AND I am DRUNK!

You called it, Dale... VERY busy with work. I'm in front of a computer all day- so The Internet is NOT something I wanna get on when I am home! BUT the weekend is all good! I catch-up where/when I can.

This is an EPIC team-up! I'll be *cough* dreaming about THIS one!!! A "Buddy-Cop movie" indeed! I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!

Nice picks in the art department as well!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I hear ya' man. I imagine I'd probably feel the same way about if I was in your shoes.

I just figure these two teamig up in as natural and automatic and peanut butter and jelly; sure Sandman's typicaly viewed as being too high brow to ever grace a c-lister like Sleepy with his presence, but fuck that noise I say! Sleepy can be just as "high brow and imaginative" in a high-class way if he had the right creative team behind him.

Dude, he though he's caused th latest Sandman series to be hella late, JH Williams' unique style just belongs on something like the Sandman. Wish he'd spped it up though. I wanna' see how it all ends.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...