Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Geraldine



















The End

Ha ha, Geraldine. Still a firecracker after all these years;)

Got me some back issue SWAG this past weekend when I went to a comic/art symposium  held in town. There were various comic vendors, comic book writers and artists selling their latest wares, and guest-speakers such as the creative team behind X-Men '92, Chris Sims and Chad Bowers (went to high school with Sims actually), and of course Roy Thomas. 

Here's my plunder:


Anybody remember these? DC's ling since cancelled Piranha Press's Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children series. Found three of these, #'s 2,3, and 7, and snatched 'em up.

What If (Vol.1)#32, DC's Who's Who(always a sucker for those) with the letter's J-I, the classic Avengers#217(When Hank Pym is fired from the Avengers) and Daredevil#208(adapted from a story by famed author Harlan Ellison)

Morrison's run on DP, Doom Patrol#'s 37-38, 40, 51(Always a sucker for those too)

And finally, Doom Patrol#2(Pre-Morrison DP) Brigade#2, and Silver Surfer#11(A fun and famous read because of the experimental panels and storytelling. Do yourself a favor and check it out)






2 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

That doom patrol #2 issue you have there was from a late 80s series that came out around the same time as the Ostrander Suicide Squad did. But I dropped the DP series after #3 it just wasn't resonating with me. On the flip side I was enjoying The Suicide Squad and issue 3 in which Darksied's Female Furies attack Bele Reve pretty much closed the deal for me as far as me being life long Squad fan.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I don't blame you though man. Kupperberg, while meaning well, was just writing the DP as a straight up superhero team, whereas Morrison would later steer the book back to the type of weirdness that is their hallmark. Other than Morrison, for me, only and besides Rachel Pollack, Keith Giffen got DP right, seamlessly blending in all the previous eras together, even though it too was bit too superteam-ish.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...