Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Fantasy Team-Up: Cable and The Teen Titans

What's up people?

Just dropped my laptop off today, so hopefully everything will get fixed by next week.
I wound up getting a new hard drive with one terabytes' worth of data for the same price as the normal 5gigs my old hard drive held, so double the amount of data for the same price? Can't beat that.

So I was thinking about what to blog about since I'm now on the "post when I feel like it" schedule, and I wrote down some ideas.

Today it's a new edition of Fantasy Team-Up with Marvel comics' time-travelling, militant mutant Cable and DC Comics' mega-popular teen heroes, the Teen Titans.



















Why this particular pairing? I say why not.

















If you consider Cable's history of mentoring and training young mutants, like when he took over as official leader of the New Mutants, and transformed them into X-Force, the idea of Cable doing the same for the Teen Titans is too good too resist not contemplating.

Here's my scenario......
The Teen Titans have just survived an attack by either H.I.V.E., The Fearsome 5, or even the deadly Deathstroke, and they're licking their wounds. When all of a sudden a brilliant, blinding flash of light appears out of nowhere, demanding the Titan's attention.

A mysterious figure emerges from the light and smoke.....a very big figure, armed to the fucking teeth and confused as hell about where and when, he is.


The Titans inspect Cable, as Cable does the same to the colorful clad teens.
After learning who they are, and what they do, and their entire documented history, Cable makes the tired and weary Titans an offer they can't refuse.

"So, your mentors have abandoned you. You're attacked on a consistent basis. You've survived so far thanks to your powers and luck, but that's not enough. You're good, but I can make you better. I can transform you from a rag-tag bunch of former sidekicks into a totally cohesive and superior fighting force to be reckoned with.

The question is, are you willing?

At first they're insulted by the stranger's words.
Then they stop and start to consider them.


Before they can answer, A new but familiar emerges from the shadows.
Deathstroke the Terminator. And at long last, he'll finally honor his dead son's contract, and kill the Teen Titans...



No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...