Monday, August 07, 2017

Bird-Watching


What's up people?

Hey, who's interested in an all-new skit?
Of course you. Enjoy...












If you didn't already know, last Friday was my 36th birthday, and to celebrate I took my happy ass to Dave and Buster's the next town away. I had a lot of fun drinking and playing arcade games all night with my girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend as the place stays open from 11am to 2am. Gotta' love those hours.

Before all that I hit up a good bit of the comic stores they had around town, catching up on all the issues of Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight series (the only current Marvel series I still bother to follow) along with the latest issue of Doom Patrol with killer Mike Allred art. I did also happen to buy two of one-shot specials for the whole Scott Synder Metal event, snatching up The Forge and The Casting. At $5 a piece they're expensive, but decent for what you get in terms of art and story. 
It's setting up the return of Hawkman and as well as some other characters not seen much since the Phew 52 started, like Plastic Man (who's joining a new Batman-assembled team, The Terrifics, led by Mr. Terrific)

It looks good, and it supposed to be "fun", but we'll see.

I also picked up a the Bullet Points TPB by J. Michael Straczynski and Neil Edwards, and the TPB of Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones' Marvel Boy mini-series, and all for half off the cover price.

Finally, I ordered the new Marvel Legend Netflix wave Bullseye and Death's Head II from the recent ML GoTG wave.

Damn they're sweet!!!!


2 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

happy birthday Dale, you've got about another 4 good years left. after that you really start to notice the impact on your body of getting older.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh trust me, I already know all about that at the ripe old age of 36. Last year I became allergic to Gluten, so yeah, I know all about things going downhill. Been that way since I turned 30, ha ha.

Thanks though man. Appreciate it.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...