Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Tales of Marvel Legends and Regrets....



Yes that's right dear friends, daddy got himself some Marvel Legend SWAG, and almost got even  more yesterday.

So I ordered the new ML Bullseye figure from the Marvel Legends Netflix Man-Thing BAF wave, and he is damn nooice!


I mean seriously,  check all the cool shit you get with him!




So in addition to the new and updated Bullseye, I also ordered the 2017 version of the ML Ares figure. He's from the new Thor movie, Gladiator Hulk BAF wave.


He's equally badass, and has much better paint apps and accessories versus the original Ares BAF that came out back in 2007/2008 I believe.

He cost me around $32 in all, but is very well worth it.

See I mainly order these figures off Amazon.com. Why? Distribution of new waves is fucking ATROCIOUS around my area, meaning even though I live on the East Coast, I still live in the south, and for some reason, waves are criminally slow getting sent here. In fact it can take up to a month or two for new waves that have just been released, to finally get their asses onto various stores' shelves around here. Fucking sucks, and that's why I rely on Amazon so heavily, even if I have to pay a little over regular retail price. Fuck it, I want 'em, so I pay.

Anyhoo, but still related to the topic at hand, So yesterday after being bombarded all day by images of action figures thanks to my slavish devotion to the Facebook group, Articulated Comic Book Art, I went to my local Wal-mart, where I went a couple days earlier, and noticed they finally got in the ML Netflix wave. Not all of them, mind you, since they have a fucked up way of divvying up waves, but they did have 2 Daredevils and 2 Punishers. No Jessica Jones, Blade, Elektra, or Bullseye.


I scooped up the better-looking DD and Punisher figures and headed off to checkout. Well I did after much debate. See I already have a bunch of DD and Punisher figures already, so it was a lot harder to commit to buying these guys, even though they look really good and have Man-Thing BAF parts (Ha Ha, he said man-thing parts)

Ultimately I put 'em back and didn't buy them. Why? Just couldn't pull the trigger.
Plus I'm like super broke already even though it's the middle of the month, so it was like, Do I wanna' eat or do I want two action figures that I already have, sorta?

Hopefully they'll still be there, and eventually other figures from that wave show up on the shelves. I really, really want that Jessica Jones and Blade figures, since I have none of either already. I'll be forced to buy that Elektra for the Man-Thing parts (Ha ha you said Man-Thing parts again) And trust me, that wouldn't be the first time I was forced to buy figures I didn't want all for the sake of completing the BAF.

And then there's the Thor: Ragnarok figures too that were supposed to show up at my local Wal-mart last week but didn't. WTF!?

Times like this, I wish, just for the time it takes to get onto the shelves there, I'd live in the Philippines or even out on the West Coast in Cali, just to get first crack at any new waves.

Oh well.....



No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...